10.17.2010

Nowhere better to be


Here is a snapshot I just took of my boy with his buddy working on the "project bike". I am so proud to see him getting into something REAL (unlike TV or video games). Sure he gets dirty and may even hurt himself somehow, but he is getting a skill, learning cause and effect and building confidence with every successful step!
This weekend was less interesting than last. We did more decluttering and cleaning and laundry and I worked 1/2 of my Sunday finishing up some projects with impending deadlines.... but there is still some yummy food being made -- Slow cooked Chipotle Braised Beef and from-scratch corn bread tonight!
And the sun is shining! Lots of walks in the woods!
My crazy garden is still producing. Just when I thought it was done I pulled off a handful of baby zucchinis (frost is here so I don't think they'll grow) and I'm STILL getting GREEN BEANS and the spinach looks great. That little plot gives me so much joy, it's amazingly gratifying.
So the house was the place to be (other than a run to the recycling centre and returning some bottles) and I like it that way!

No comments: